Winston is an associate attorney and joined the firm in 2017. He has practiced family law exclusively since 2010 and handles a wide range of family law matters including divorce, custody and legitimation, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, modifications and contempt. He has extensive experience representing clients in complex, high-asset divorces and also has handled trust and estate litigation issues related to family law matters.
Prior to embarking on his legal career, Winston studied at Georgetown University School of Medicine and worked for a number of years in medical sciences, specifically biodefense and emerging infectious research. While he enjoyed the challenges of medical research, he wanted to pursue a career that would allow him to work with other people on a daily basis. He particularly enjoys practicing family law and finds fulfillment in helping his clients resolve their family law issues. Prior to joining Levine Smith Snider & Wilson, Winston was an associate attorney with Kresky Law and, prior to that, Mayoue Gray Eittreim, LLC.
A native of Portland, Ore., Winston lives in Buckhead with his wife who is a nurse practitioner at Emory University Hospital. When not working, he enjoys hiking in North Georgia and playing racquetball. He and his wife are amateur food critics and enjoy trying out food trucks, farmers markets and ethnic restaurants across the Southeast.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. 2010
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, M.S., Biophysics, 2002
- University of California San Diego, B.S., Biochemistry, 2000
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Co-Presenter, “Case Law Update: Nuts and Bolts of Family Law Seminar,” 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Emory University School of Law, Small Firm Program, 2015-2016
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Pro Bono Attorney, 2015-2016